IT Field Services Manager -National
IT Field Services Manager required for one of the largest providers of rail freight services in Australia.
You will be responsible for the support of IT infrastructure and services at their rail terminals, depots, maintenance facilities and head offices in Australia. The role will report to the IT Service Delivery Manager and has 5 direct reports, being the Field Service Engineers in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney Freight terminals as well their operations office in Port Waratah (Newcastle). Regular Travel Required.
- Create and lead a team of site-based IT resources to ensure on-going business operations
- Responsible for setting and maintaining clear Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for support of IT infrastructure
- Create regular reports / dashboards on a weekly/monthly basis or as and when required
- Create a proactive maintenance model for replenishment of equipment and a customer service orientated team that recognises the priorities of the business, and responds in the appropriate manner to user issues
- Develop good working relationships with the site-based teams and Business Unit technology teams, to ensure that IT is partnering with QLD, NSW/VIC, Intermodal and AIS to maintain and continuously improve productivity
- Oversee the full asset management lifecycle for site based assets including vendor relationships, asset tracking, adherence to replenishment cycles and fiscal management
- Drive the definition of service level metrics for site teams
- Assess technical competencies and develop skill gap closure plans
- Create a 'step change' in the customer service focus for IT
- Mentor and guide direct reports, to create a professional, service-orientated team
- Oversight of site-based IT projects (e.g. network upgrades, wireless, CCTV, gates etc.)
- Adherence to change management processes and audit control
- Support business projects through strong engagement with the business and good vendor working relationships
- Responsible for the roll-out of disciplined change management and controls processes
- Be available 24x7 for emergencies (Priority 1 Incidents) involving technical problems that affect the ability to provide operational support and business continuity
- Perform special duties, tasks, or projects as required
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an end to end "One Team" IT structure and culture.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in an operational support environment (transport, logistics or manufacturing experience)
- 5+ years' experience in a technical infrastructure role (e.g. server engineer, network engineer, etc.)
- 3 + years' experience in managing a small team
- Passion for Customer Service
- Experience in Desktop support.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Technical Documentation skills
- Project Management experience
- Experience in support IT end user devices (e.g. laptops, printer, phones, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage diverse teams remotely
- Additional requirements [e.g. qualifications; licences; medical; travel]