Applicant MUST be an Australian citizen or PR holder with more than 5 years of work experience in Australia
The successful candidate(s) require an in-depth understanding of data-science concepts and issues with a working knowledge and experience with unstructured data (images and text). They will take the lead in solving complex data-science problems and issues, and guide and mentor others with these requirements.
Our Ideal Job Seeker provides advice to the organisation on data science issues including the following knowledge areas:
* Applies knowledge in mathematics, such as Linear Algebra and Calculus.
* Applies knowledge in statistics, such as Multivariate Statistics and Bayesian Probability Theory.
* Applies computer programming skills with a diverse range of languages such as R, Python, Scala, Java, C/C++, et cetera.
* Applies technical knowledge and experience in various data science areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, text mining, image processing, data visualisation, statistical modelling and behavioural analytics.
* Applies experience in data and system engineering, including data pipeline and end-to-end system engineering, to train and productionise analytical models.
* Applies experience in system administration, including assuring privacy, growing and shrinking cluster, installing hardware and software, and ensuring data properly replicated.
* Applies technical expertise to support our Big Data Analytics capability, such as the Hadoop Ecosystem.
Critically the Job Seeker will have:
* Practical Experience -demonstrable practical experience using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques, and delivery of analytical solutions to business clients.
* Will be required to apply for a Baseline clearance (or already hold one).
* Language; A proficient and well-defined knowledge of SQL and, either R, or, Python statistical programming languages. Additionally, Java skills will be highly advantageous. Professional commitment and skills of maintaining code quality.
* Data; An ability to work with datasets of all types and formats specifically images and unstructured text. An understanding of data scales and sizes and related techniques, risks and impacts.
* Tools; Experience with Hadoop/Spark, Solr, Tika, Tesseract, Hive, Impala, TensorFlow, D3JS, R Shiny, Superset.
-An ability to produce business-ready output with key action items
-An understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) processes
-An awareness of deployment using Git and a CI pipeline
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Posted:||5 days ago|
Work for Us
For over two decades Peoplebank has been finding and delivering the best talent in the marketplace to our clients. We would not be where we are today, if not for our employees. That is why we are focused on building a great place to work, where our employees can fulfill their career aspirations.
Call us on 1 800 PEOPLE