Our client is looking for Data Scientists to join their team for a 6-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will require an in-depth understanding of data-science concepts. You will take the lead in solving complex data-science problems and issues, and guide and mentor others.
The role will encompass the following duties;
- Utilise data science techniques and experimental methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes.
- Develop, enhance and maintain a range of mathematical models to monitor demand and analyse behaviour.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise in reducing vast and disparate data sets into categorised and useful summaries and reports to improve user experiences and support overall business outcomes.
- Manipulate and analyse big data from disparate systems.
- Work with a cross functional team of data scientists, data analysts, report developers and engineers to move Proof-of-Concept models/products to production for clients.
- Work closely with project managers and technical leads to meet deliverables and assist in data-driven development of products to industry and agency standards.
- Review research and discussion papers to develop skills and to share learnings and information with team.
- Convert stakeholder needs into business requirements and provide analytical solutions to support those needs.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of complex issues to influence desired outcomes.
- Present data and complex numerical information in a clear and concise manner and clearly communicate statistical concepts to senior and non-technical audiences.
- Encourage the use of new technologies and techniques to solve data problems and publish regular reporting and dashboards based on stakeholder requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong practical experience across one or more data science areas such as machine learning, natural language processing, graph analytics, behavioural analytics and visualisation.
- Strong data cleaning and analysis skills, and experience in devising testing methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a diversity of programming languages such as R (experience in Shiny will be a bonus) and Python. Professional commitment and skills of maintaining code quality.
- Familiar with Hadoop, Informatica or Talend.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
All applicants must hold Australian Citizenship to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have the experience to be successful and seek your next career position, then please APPLY NOW.