An industry leading client is seeking an experienced IT Contract Manager to assist with the newly established Strategic Procurement Function. This is a 6 month contract starting ASAP.
The IT Contract Manager is responsible for the end to end procurement lifecycle for assigned portfolios and the building and management of commercial and strategic relationships with those parties who supply IT products and services, ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations.
The role ensures the implementation, refinement and ongoing application of IT vendor and contract management processes and procedures which are aligned with the client's purchasing, procurement and contract management overarching policies and guidelines.
* Lead, develop and coordinate contractual agreements in collaboration with internal stakeholders, included but not limited to Strategic Procurement Group, Legal Services, and internal technical experts & vendors;
* Lead the development of Request For Tender / Request For Proposal (RFT/RFP) and related procurement strategies for the acquisition of goods and services;
* Monitor the use and engagement of the Common Use Arrangement (CUA) to ensure the supply of goods and services to the client is defendable and aligns to the appropriate protocols and guidelines associated with the use of CUA members;
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders by setting clear expectations and engaging effectively during the undertaking of high level strategic negotiations, providing expert advice and resolving associated risks and issues;
* Manage supplier and vendor relationships and performance, ensuring compliance to contractual responsibilities through regular performance meetings and negotiating with vendors on issues arising from existing contracts and amendments/variations to contracts to ensure equitable and balanced business relationships can be maintained without undue risk to either party;
* Facilitate and provide expert advice to tender evaluation panel membership to ensure probity throughout the evaluation process while mitigating any potential conflict of interest;
* Oversee establishment and successful commercial operation of vendor delivery through monitoring and controlling commercial process execution;
* Oversee the delivery of major project procurement activities by engaging with project teams early to identify needs, resources and identify any issues or risks associated with the procurement cycle.
* Relevant tertiary qualifications with extensive experience and IT contract and procurement management expertise, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
* Demonstrated experience in contract management within a service based environment;
* Demonstrated in depth understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative issues as well as risk management and key procurement and supplier management strategies and principles;
* Proven ability to build and maintain productive stakeholder relationships both internal and external;
* Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills with ability to engage and present information clearly and informatively to diverse audiences;
* Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple vendors and clients, managing competing priorities;
* Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to adopt a proactive approach to problem solving, as well as the ability to optimise the value for the organisation of supplier contracts and to effectively implement solutions and improvements to the contract management function;
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a cross functional team environment and with a complex stakeholder structure.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please apply now with a suitable resume demonstrating that you had the required experience.