Our Enterprise level Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced and talented IT Architect for an initial 12-month contract with multiple extensions. In this role, you will be required to support the development of strategies within one or more domains of specialisation.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Support the development and delivery of position papers to support new business initiatives, business cases, risk assessments, new patterns, reference architectures and standards for initiatives.
- Perform research activities and provide expert advice on IT directions, strategy, candidate technologies, and the re-use of enterprise IT capabilities within a framework of the client's policies, priorities, objectives and strategy.
- Deliver solutions with a large degree of independence across the enterprise architecture to support business needs and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the client's enterprise architecture
- Develop and implement architecture capability roadmaps and impact assessments to support business outcomes.
- Has expertise in applying enterprise architecture policies, standards, principles, reference architectures and procedures for development
- Think about systems sustainability, longevity and end to end operability when establishing patterns and design solutions
- Translate complex business strategies, goals and issues into tactical and strategic initiatives across multiple areas of specialisation
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to communicate the enterprise architecture and provide advice and guidance on the effectiveness of the organisation's business processes.
- Apply detailed knowledge of the enterprise architecture and advise or grant exemptions as delegated
- Apply high level judgement in the assessment of solutions and provide assurance that they comply with the client's enterprise architecture and IT standards
- Initiate, manage and execute Architecture governance forums.
To be successful you will have:
- Formal qualifications in a computer science or software engineering related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution or demonstrated equivalent skills or experience.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with an emphasis on a business approach to problem solving.
- Extensive experience working in complex and dynamic business and technical environments and in the integration of systems and applications.
- Understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in delivering solutions across multiple hosting environments
- Experience in integrating as-a-service with complex on-premise environments
- Experience in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, NoSQL databases, massively parallel computation platforms, processing of large amounts of unstructured information, business intelligence and reporting systems, and analytical techniques.
- Previous background in working with or within risk intelligence organisations would be desirable.
- Strong understanding and experience in delivering platform-based architectures and working in product-based business model organisations.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens with an active Baseline clearance to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sinthu Thomas on 02 6245 1738 quoting Job Reference: 197963
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.