My client are a leading organization in finding, mining and processing mineral resources. They concentrate on the development of first class ore bodies into large, long life and efficient operations, capable of sustaining competitive advantage through business cycles. This is an initial 6 month contract with the likelyhood of extension.
Services required by you
* Provide project engineering services to my client and its client business units.
* Clear, concise and business focused communication with key customers including varying levels of management.
* Well-developed team skills, together with excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Ability to work to deadlines and manage within budgetary constraints
* Ability to deliver customer focused results during times of rapid change is essential
* Proven ability to follow formal project delivery methodologies is desirable
* Develop and document migration and implementation plans
* Ensure all administrative tasks (reporting and time sheets) are conducted as required in a timely manner.
Outcomes expected by you
- Initial staging, testing and configuration of network hardware
- Irregular mobilisation to site for implementation and network integration
- Liaise with Design Engineers on project implementation tasks
- Inventory Management including equipment ordering, goods receipt and deliveries to and from site.
- Document and Execute Factory Acceptance and Test (FAT) & Results
- Document and Execute Site Acceptance Test (SAT) Document & Results
- Document Implementation Plans
- Facilitate the technical change management process
- Update technical drawings
- Participate in various training programs required to carry out responsibilities
- Handover to Operations and create all required project documentation
- Participate in/be accountable for quotation of engineering solutions
Skills / education you must have
- Layer 3 Network Implementation Role.
- You should be comfortable receiving design documentation from a senior engineer and creating implementation documentation as well as implementing designed solution.
- An understanding of routing s preferred
- Edge switching skills - VLANS, VTP, Spanning-tree, CDP
- Switch models such as 3750's, IE3000's, 3560's.
- Manage technical issues related to project implementation and where required, investigate options and presenting clear and concise response to the design engineer.
- Good attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Good self-time management & prioritisation to ensure timely delivery and early indications of issues.
- Experience with and ability to adhere to applicable policies, standards & solutions architecture
- Candidates, who are self-starters, have good communications skills and can follow instructions from design engineer will highly regarded.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - highly regarded
If you have the above skills I encourage that you apply via the button below with a latest resume in word format or call 089423 1426