Our Federal Government Client is seeking a IO-Infrastructure Engineer.
This is a long-term contract up to 31 August 2023 with 2x12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will :
- Manage infrastructure requirements to support the deployable communications capability.
- Provide operational support to networking hardware, software and deployable assets. Request for Quotation - DMP Personnel DMP RFQ for ICT contractor services - personnel Page 4 of 7
- Manage the prioritisation and escalation of infrastructure issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Communicate the end-to-end implications of configuration changes.
- Analyse the quality of requests for change management.
- Provide specialist technical advice on networking and deployed communications.
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert.
- Undertake research on emerging technologies and provide recommendations on product suitability for the agency.
- Lead and manage operations of a team, including overseeing work priorities and resource management.
- Contribute to technical documentation, implementation plans, test plans, and support procedures. * Engage and partner with other agencies and service providers to build capability.
To be successful in this role you should have:
Demonstrated experience and technical proficiency as a Senior Network Engineer in a large government agency or enterprise.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, negotiate, liaise and consult with colleagues, senior managers and stakeholders.
It is desirable if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in technology management of an Internet network/gateway, distributed networking or WAN environment.
- Demonstrated experience and technical proficiency in wireless networking, deployed communications technologies and satellite communications.
- Ability to undertake Cisco network & wireless network administration, implementation and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience in operational support of deployed communications technology.
- Knowledge of IPSEC VPN standards.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (including interstate travel to provide ICT support to end users).
- Team player with a strong customer focus. The above criteria are not listed in any order of priority.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Paramjeet Kaur on 02 62687981 quoting Job Reference: # 248592
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.