Our Federal Government Client is seeking an ICT Service Desk Manager to oversee and manage the day-to-day delivery of all their ICT services in an ITIL environment. The position will manage a small number of IT staff delivering services to make sure that they are supported in their work. They will also act as the triage and escalation point for Service Desk jobs. In addition to the day-to-day operation of the services team, you will also be expected to run continual improvement projects in order to improve the services offered and support the Unit Head in the implementation of ITIL and ITSM initiatives.
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months with possible extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Support the ongoing development, management, and enforcement of ITIL best practice policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ensure that the Service Desk Team provides high quality user-oriented level 1 and 2 support for IT services across the organisation; creating and supporting a strong customer service mentality across the team.
- Act as an escalation point for the subordinate Service Desk Team staff. Supporting them with the work and mentoring them.
- Apply best practice, experience, common sense, and imagination to contribute to the design and development of the Institute's computing environment.
- Work with the other areas of IT to solve known issues and recommend improvements from a user perspective.
- Provide useful clear reporting that can be provided to various committees and the Senior Executive team.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection, procurement and installation of Windows hardware and software components.
- Ensure that up-to-date system and software documentation, policies, and procedures are maintained in all areas of IT.
- Coordinate and manage complex projects to improve and deliver new IT services.
- Monitor and help develop Key Performance Indicators measuring the success of the Service Desk team.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 212783
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.