Senior Security Specialist
Duration: 30/08/2021 to 28/02/2022 with possibility of extension (likely to June 2022)
Location: Kedron, Brisbane QLD
Reporting to A/Director, Cyber Security Branch, the Senior Security Specialist will provide high-level security design, configuration and implementation of security infrastructure and related skills, in a fast-paced project environment.
Depending on their skills and experience, the Senior Security Specialist will work across time-bound projects assessing, testing, deploying and migrating foundational cyber security capabilities, or will provide security expertise across a broad range of business ICT projects. The Cyber Security Specialist will work with project and business-as-usual teams, including with cyber security response and design specialists, project teams, and technical and business stakeholders.
Skills and experience
- Modern web and email content filtering security services
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) technologies
- Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
- Cloud-based solutions and services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Experience testing and troubleshooting network service issues, including:
- Traditional and software defined networking
- Internet access and proxy-based services
- Enterprise Firewalls and Load Balancers
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Domain Name System (DNS).
- Security Incident Response
- Operating and maintaining common log correlation and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
- Threat Hunting services
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) capabilities
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) services
- Vulnerability Management
- Managing complex Microsoft Windows Domains and Forests
To be successful in this role the candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years of experience as a security specialist in cyber security response, operations, projects or design, in an enterprise-level organisation.
- Experience delivering security aspects of small to large, and/or complex, technical projects.
- Experience planning, leading and proactively delivering security aspects of projects, including detailed security designs and the configuration, development, testing and deployment of security-related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently and in a project team/ working group environment.
If this sounds like your role, apply now! Or call Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 for a confidential discussion regarding this role quoting 237852