Our Federal Government Client is seeking 2 ICT Project Managers to be responsible for the delivery of ICT projects that support and align with the ICT Strategy and priorities of the Department.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Liaising directly with business stakeholders and project owners, both within the Department and with external agencies, to ensure that the Department delivers solutions that are consistent with business and project requirements;
- Leading and managing a team to deliver assigned objectives and services effectively, setting team responsibilities and priorities to achieve assigned goals and objectives;
- Leading and undertaking program/project monitoring activities, including tracking performance against schedule, milestones, budget, resources, risks and benefits realisation;
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder engagement and relationships across the ICT Division, and multiple business and operational areas;
- Managing negotiations and dispute resolution regarding complex and/or sensitive customer service issues, escalating as required;
- Monitoring and managing IT project/program expenditure within financial delegations, ensuring targets are met and examining areas where budgets and expenditure deviates from agreed tolerances, taking action as appropriate;
- Managing, resolving and applying effective risk management in accordance with the appropriate risk management plan and the Department's risk management framework;
- Providing accurate, timely and transparent reporting on the project to a variety of stakeholders including senior executives and various governance bodies;
- Providing specialist advice and guidance on program/project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques to assist with business improvement and assisting with the provision of high-level support to ICT executive and business stakeholders;
- Coaching, mentoring and providing on-the-job training for staff to ensure the team is professional, skilled and high performing.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- At least five years of experience in an ICT project manager role working in complex and highly integrated technical environments.
- Ability to tailor program/project planning approaches to meet required outcomes.
- Strong leadership, stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical issues and concepts to business stakeholders and senior executives.
- Well-developed scheduling, budgeting and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with various project tools such as ALM Octane, MS Project and Office suite, Confluence, Jira and Sharepoint.
- Proven experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle and strong understanding of agile concepts.
- Well-developed understanding of projects and governance frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with various project management frameworks including, but not limited to:
- PRINCE2 (Practitioner) certification
- PRINCE2 Agile, AGILE PM, SAFE and/or MSP
It is desirable if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Proven reliability and proactive team player.
- Proven experience in developing cost effective solutions across various applications.
- Experience with:
- Agile delivery methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Qualifications in ITIL
- Well-developed coaching and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge and experience in agile delivery
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Baseline Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #239343
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.