As the Procurement & Contracts Officer you will report to the Procurement and Governance Manager and will form part of a multidisciplinary team. You will play a key role supporting the DTA by providing procurement expertise and assisting stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements so DTA can effectively meet organisational and business objectives.
- Prepare procurement ad contract documentation in line with the Commonwealth Resource Management Framework )in particular the Commonwealth Procurement Rules) and DTA Policies.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including liaison, negotiation, and consultation.
- Validate stakeholder business needs, compile and source market information, and assist in analysing markets and assessing risk to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions.
- Conduct sourcing activities in accordance with established legislation, policies and procedures to meet business needs and participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements that will deliver value for money procurement outcomes.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to review and prepare procurement documentation and contracts.
- Ability to "think on your feet", find creative solutions and work under high pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills are required to regularly liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior executives, DTA staff and suppliers
- ability to provide timely and accurate procurement and contract management advice
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact <Josie Bandiola> on <209288> quoting reference <209288>.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.