whilst working alongside some of the top technical talent in Sydney.
The ICT Operations Manager role is part of the IT leadership team and reports to the Group CIO. The purpose of this role is to ensure that ICT Operations delivers the efficient and effective day-to-day activities of the organisation's information technology. This involves ensuring that IT systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. The system requires management on a 24/7 basis. The role leads a team that develops and implements networks and servers, responds to user help desk requests and monitors system stability and performance.
The role manages a group of Operations personnel and interacts closely with other areas within IT e.g. Applications Development, Infrastructure, Security, and Operations. The role also manages 3rd party vendors. Therefore, sound leadership, people management and having a collaborative mindset are core to success in this role.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Minimum of 5+ years successful track record of undertaking a similar role supporting change in a complex Technology environment.
- Experience in applying 'better practice' approaches to all aspects of change management that are practical and results focussed
- Certification or several years' experience as an expert practitioner of recognised frameworks, models and techniques including ITIL and ITSM
- Demonstrated experience in people and team management
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Impeccable stakeholder engagement skills
- Highly developed and proactive organisational and communication skills
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving capability
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience and aptitude for assessing and improving processes
- Energy industry experience
- Smart Metering experience
This is a critical role for our client, if you feel you can hit the ground running, please click 'apply now' and quote #237942.