Our client is working with critical infrastructure owners and operators to understand and uplift their cyber security and working with stakeholders to strengthen their cyber security and implement their strategies. The work will be informed and supported by the client's ongoing technical cyber security advice and guidance.
On boarding is in Canberra, noting there may be a requirement for short term occasional travel within Australia.
The ICT Network Security Engineer's major responsibilities include:
- Provide feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure,
- Provide feedback on configuring and utilising network protection components (e.g. firewalls, VPN's, network intrusion detection systems),
- Provide feedback on maintaining network infrastructure devices and network backup and recovery procedures,
- Integrate new system's into existing network architecture, and
- Diagnose network connectivity problems.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g. firewalls, demilitarised zones, and encryption).
- Experienced in using network management tools to analyse network traffic patterns and interpreting the information collected.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experienced in configuring and utilising network protection components (e.g. firewalls, VPN's, network intrusion detection systems).
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who are able obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Abegail Baniqued 02 9054 0955 quoting Job Reference: 207639
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.