About the role:
This role will work in a small team supporting the production environment of online assessment tools.
- Understand the business context and requirements.
- Field second level support requests from the user support team
- Identify and analyse software issues in the production environment
- Maintain and diagnose issues associated with overnight batch operations (Python scripts) Liaise with relevant teams to ensure timely resolution of issues, which will include seeking advice from the ALAN Development team
- Manage the production environment, including deployment of releases to production
- Engage with the development team to understand and test new features
- Perform code reviews and performance optimisation.
- Manage engagement with CAB and ITD change process
- 8+ years' demonstrated experience developing highly scalable web applications.
- In depth experience with MSSQL & Oracle DBMS, Web Programming, Web Services, Spring Boot, Spring Data, TomCat, Java, Hibernate.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems, writing clean, scalable, readable and maintainable code.
- Demonstrated experience integrating a variety of data sources
- Experience in Microsoft Azure environment, especially security models- OPEN AM SAML, an advantage
- Designing and developing cross browser and cross device compatible design
- Experience in CI/CD and Docker an advantage
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Manjita Osta at 0294094718 quoting reference number 192265.
To apply please click the "Apply Now" button and attach a copy of your up-to-date resume (preferably in MS Word format).