About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, providing an integrated customer experience to its services.
About the Role
As the Heritage Specialist, you will provide advice on heritage matters including any changes to state-wide environmental planning instruments, to support the business to meet legislative requirements of the Heritage Act 1977 and NSW Heritage Council State Agency Heritage Guide
- Provide SME as a Heritage Specialist within the team.
- Act as an agency stakeholder in heritage-related projects
- Ensure heritage compliance and facilitate heritage configuration change and reporting requirements
- Provide expert advice regarding scoping works and general repairs and maintenance
- Deliver support for heritage interpretation and promotion as part of the Customer Experience to support ongoing business activity
- Contribute to the implementation of Heritage Asset Management initiatives and S170 Heritage and Conservation Register administration to drive the achievement of defined objectives
- Consistently deliver efficiency and set a platform for increased commerciality
- Tertiary qualifications in Heritage Management, Heritage Conservation, Archaeology, and/or Architecture.
- Experience in heritage asset management issues relating to industrial heritage and in advising and coordinating heritage project approvals
- Responsive customer service focus, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities to provide timely advice to meet business deadlines
- Detailed knowledge of heritage database systems in particular the State Heritage Inventory (SHI)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of NSW heritage management framework, legislation and best practice standards, with particular regard to the NSW Heritage Act 1977, the State Agency Heritage Guide and the Burra Charter
- Proven ability and highly skilled in heritage research, assessment, and ability to understand and review technical heritage documentation
- Proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with moderate complexity and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to engage with, influence and build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes 17 July
Only those located within Australia with work rights can be considered for this role.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 186250
Please click the apply button.