My client, a Managed Services organisation is seeking a Service Desk Engineer to join their Service Desk team to provide support services to their growing client base.
You will need to have a proactive approach to problem solving and 6-12 months experience working in a similar role. Technically you will be supporting a diverse client base, mostly across Microsoft technologies but more importantly you will have excellent customer service skills.
- Provide first point of contact for all new and existing ICT support issues
- Ability to provide 1st level support in a professional and timely manner
- Record incidents and service request submitted by phone or in electronic form
- Provide first line investigations and diagnosis, document findings and maintain work log
- Resolve incidents / service requests resolvable by the service desk
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology across a wide range of hardware, software and mobile platforms
- Prioritising of incidents, problems and changes resolution
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues
- Accurate problem resolution with thorough and clear documentation
- Keep users and stakeholders informed of progress
- Maintaining all case/issue history within our helpdesk ticketing system.
- Remote desktop support (using remote desktop software)
- Mobile phone configuration provisioning and configurations
- Restart Servers and services
- Software and patch installation
- Monitor Backup and perform reruns and restores as requested
Highly desirable skills are:
- Experience in a Helpdesk or Service Desk Analyst role
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with outstanding communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows Desktop and MS Office technologies
- Remote Management tools and access
- ITIL based call logging systems
- Troubleshooting skills for Network (TCP/IP)
- Ability to take ownership of problems
- Previous experience working for an IT Managed Service Provider or Consultancy ideal
If you feel you meet this criteria, please apply immediately, job reference #185058