Head of Architecture
Head of Architecture required to work with this large financial institute with a focus on customer impact and service. This role is instrumental in driving Key Elements of their Technical Strategy.
Work with the teams to define a target architecture that will improve the consideration of
End to end management in the delivery of our Run Operations, i.e. delivery of Service Integration and Management (SIAM) Target State.
- Define the strategy and the roadmap for how to transition from the management of technology (Mainframe, Midrange, Desktop, Network, Applications) to leading end to end Customer facing services (e.g. Customer Onboarding, Depositing Cash, making a Payment, etc) which are supported by People and Technology
- Define and lead the standards for the Services and Applications that are led by the group in considerations for Resilience and Recovery. This includes tracking the effectiveness of the standards in driving great customer outcomes, efficiency and handling the risks.
- Work with the Information Security, line 1 and line 2 risk teams to ensure that the standards, processes and data management are effective in identifying, planning and mitigating the operational risks and emerging risks in the technology environment. This includes designing developing and modifying the standards and processes to address any gaps that are identified, as well as considering how the standards are impacting the customer experience, efficiency and effectiveness of our services and processes.
- Management of the services, processes, data, applications, software assets, as well as the underlying infrastructure services whether they be on-premise machines or cloud services. Hence, this will include determining the use and integration of the Application Inventory, Configuration Management Database, Service Catalogue, Software Asset Inventory, and the Approved Technology Products list, amongst other things.
- Governing the adoption of cloud to drive the benefits, including establishing and governing the decision-making process for the introduction of new services, removal of services and the appropriate use of a given standard service.
- Work with the Refresh and Reliability Architecture team to ensure that the plan for addressing the risks in our environment is addressing the most important risks in the most effective way. Also, ensuring that appropriate landing places are being designed, delivered and operated such that we can apply common patterns to migrate a significant amount of our existing applications to use shared platforms and cloud-based solutions.
- Ten+ years' experience within the IT Industry/financial services or in business consulting
- Five+ years' experience across multiple Architecture domains, including implementation of Architecture in various large organisations
- Five+ years' experience in managing teams
Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline
Working Knowledge of:
- Risk Frameworks
- Design Thinking
- Business Component Reference Models
- Process Design & Lean Methodology
- Information Systems Frameworks
- Data Management Frameworks
- Systems Development Methodologies - Agile/SAFe, LD, JAD, RAD, Scrum, SDLC