Seeking a Big Data Support Engineer to work for a large Australian Enterprise. Deliver new big data capabilities to meet customer needs and our clients legal and regulatory obligation, by:
- Providing required Hadoop administration and support
- Implementing configuration tasks on Hadoop platform
- Provide required platform support on Hadoop platforms.
- Provide technical expertise for new and ongoing initiatives in SNE environment.
Strategic Alignment - Assist with structuring the development of big data solution in order to provide legally compliant solution to meet our clients legal and regulatory obligation, as well as build successful solution that provides business benefit
Outcomes - Observable and measurable results of this role would be working as part of a cohesive team to provide consultancy as well as delivery to enable successful completion of project on time and within budget.
Acting as the support engineer of the group to perform administration and support activities for our various Hadoop platform. Main accountabilities are
- Administer and support Big Data clusters using either Hortonworks or Cloudera distros of Hadoop.
- Ability to maintain and monitor production clusters.
- Ability to implement the design based on the requirements and architecture decision.
- Ability to identify problem and drive for problem solving.
- Ability to provide technical expertise for new and ongoing initiatives to work with project stakeholder to come up most feasible technical solution.
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate all issues that threaten the successful delivery of assigned initiatives.
- Good time management and ability to successfully juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- Availability for on-call support during production outages (planned/unplanned).
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW!!!!!