Our Federal Government Client is seeking 2 Hadoop Developers.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 2x12 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Providing support for Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP);
- Providing application support for Hadoop technologies that run on HDP;
- Working with the vendor to troubleshoot platform issues and to undertake security patching.
Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department's recordkeeping policy and practices.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years' working experience in data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
- Proficiency in designing and delivering solutions in several of the following:
- Hortonworks/Cloudera Data Platform including HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Spark and associated technologies
- Hadoop Security Technologies such as Knox and Ranger, and Kerberos
- Additional technologies such as NiFi, Kafka, Docker, JanusGraph and Solr
- Knowledge of Linux, including use and basic administration
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of IT Security principles and practices
- Experience in the development of data warehousing solutions or big data solutions for deployment in either a Waterfall (SDLC) or Agile environment
- Experience in translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Experience in producing system documentation for any developed data warehousing solutions
- Previously worked in a big data environment or project
- Experience working with Government agencies
- High level written/verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to represent the team at meetings and deliver presentations
- Ability to mentor other team members
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #243351
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.