Reason for Request: New funding for additional resources for the implementation of SAP to the Department. They have released perm staff to be involved in SAP testing duties, and bring in additional staff to cover the functional duties.
Role: HR Payroll Officer- SAP & Government background with another gov cluster IS A PRE-REQUISITE
Duration: 3months with possible extension
Pay rate to the candidate: $32-$35/hr + super
Business Unit: Shared Services HR
Hours of work: 7 hrs per day, 35hrs per week, no overtime required if yes paid at a flat rate
Requirement: The role is part of the Corporate team.
- Client is looking for experienced payroll staff who have good experience in payroll and leave work activities in a public-sector environment.
- Client is scheduled to implemented SAP payroll in late November so previous SAP experience is an advantage.
- The main thing is their payroll and leave experience. They will be motivated and willing to learn and work with our current payroll system and then the SAP HR payroll system.
- Key activities include payroll, leave and superannuation activities and providing customer services to employees.
- The role actively maintains, updates and navigates records and data management systems to resolve HR enquires and requests.
- The role demonstrates a high level of accuracy and efficiency and the ability to prioritise and manage own workload, enabling the provision of relevant and timely information and supports effective reporting and decision making within the functional area.
Support structure/ Benefits of joining this team:
- One on one training buddy up with someone, on the job training and get to learn their systems and how they process work.
- Training in our current payroll system will be one on one with our existing staff and will provide SAP training for all staff prior to implementation.
- SAP implementation date - will be early February 2018