Our client, a century old bank, are looking to bring on a junior accountant or recent graduate to assist their Finance team with supporting their current systems applications. This role will suit someone ideally with experience in a small or medium business setting up their accounting systems and a strong aptitude for IT.
The role will be centred around the day-to-day administration of the core finance systems, working with internal stakeholders across multiple teams including IT and Information Systems and Development.
This position is well suited to someone who is tech savvy, can pick things up quickly who approaches tasks with a proactive mindset, and is able to prioritise and escalate tasks as necessary, ensuring that deliverables are met to a consistently high standard.
Daily Tasks will include the following:
- Assist in the documentation of business requirements
- Assist in testing of system implementation and changes impacting the finance systems
- Assist the System Accounting team to ensure delivery of full lifecycle implementation, with respect to system releases, functional enhancements and critical issues for GFS (PeopleSoft GL & AP, source system interfaces, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Financial Data Warehouse, FiRe) and other local F&C applications
- Additional adhoc duties and responsibilities as required
- Strong knowledge of financial systems
- MS Excel and Word skills (proficiency in the full MS Office suite)
- Strong IT apptitude, knowledge of Python preferred
- Ability to co-ordinate finance system releases and upgrades
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
Interested parties should apply directly via the link below quoting reference number 198663.