Our client is a large telecommunications organisation that are looking for a Graduate Field Engineer to join their team for a 12-month contract. You will be working with a team of 4 engineers on site at various locations around Perth. You may be required to travel remotely or interstate on occasion. You will also be required to work a rotating on call roster. Training will be provided as well as all tools of the trade (phone, laptop, uniform, etc.).
- You will travel on site (supervised for the first 6-months) and provide leadership and guidance to other field staff
- Provide trouble-shooting and rectify technical issues
- Provide higher level support to modify, repair, maintain and install communication systems, equipment, parts and accessories
- Analyst technical problems using test equipment and make "on-air tests"
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions in Client and other related third party system equipment
- Install, maintain and upgrade trunked system controllers, switches and routers
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery
- Liaise with customers to discuss incident concerns and complaints
- Prepare and conduct training where appropriate
- Review installation plan documentation and acceptance test plan procedures and methodologies
- Tertiary Qualification recognised by Engineers Australia
- WA driver's license
- Understanding of communication systems and supporting sub systems (microwave/power management)
- Familiarity with digital conventional and trunked radio systems (TETRA/ASTRO25), IP architecture and networking (wired/wireless)
- Understanding of RF principles and antenna system multi coupling
- Understanding of how to use digital communications test equipment and interpret results
- Open Cabler License
- Networking Certification (eg. CCNA)
- Microsoft Client/Server Certification
- Experience in any of the above skilled areas
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
You must have graduated from an Engineering degree recognised by Engineers Australia in either Communications, Electrical, Software, Computer or an equivalent qualification.
If you are interested in applying, please click APPLY with a WORD version of your current CV.
Contact: Kate Ellis 9423 1422 (Job Reference: 192721)