About the role:
This role is responsible for the creation and development of web services, the modelling of key corporate databases and the maintenance of cloud infrastructure. You will play an important role in the delivery of datasets both through internal systems, and through web portal platforms. This will include:
- The construction, deployment and maintenance of web services, including use of cloud technologies.
- Data modelling of relational databases and other scientific data.
- Engaging and advising scientific staff through the process of web service creation and data modelling.
- working closely with team members, and State, Territory and international colleagues
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience with, or a highly developed ability OGC Web Service technologies (eg Esri ArcGIS Server, MapServer, or other)
- A highly developed ability maintaining cloud based infrastructure, using innovative techniques, and proficiency with Linux-based operating systems.
- A capacity to employ programming skills (eg, Python, shell scripts or other) to handle ad hoc and routine data management processes.
- Experience with relational database management systems, ideally with a high proficiency in SQL.
- Work with independence, subject to limited direction from your team leader against established priorities, practices, and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens able to obtain government and other clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Cinar Irfan 02 6268 9702 quoting Job Reference: 210717