Our Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled and talented Full Stack Java Developer for a long-term contract role. This is an initial 12-month engagement with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Within this role you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users, as well as translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. The suitable candidate will also contribute to the design of the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
In addition you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum performance and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the application.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated high level of expertise, with a minimum 5 years' experience, in providing similar services to Government or industry equivalent
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language Java/JEE.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools SVN.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 184140
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold an Australian Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.