The Digital Delivery division of the DTA is responsible for a range of platforms and tools, ranging from myGov to the Australian Government Design System. Our frontend developers will need to help the team build a range of UI components and patterns for inclusion in the Australian Government Design System. They will also help converge design systems from existing government platforms with the Australian Government Design System to align our flagship projects. Role specific tasks/responsibilities
- Work with the design system team to expand the UI components and patterns currently provided by the DTA design system.
- Incorporating community component suggestions, prioritising the build of MyGov Beta components.
- The successful applicant will work with stakeholders across DTA and whole-of government and influence the direction of the Australian Government Design System and future products like myGov and Digital Identity
- Using cutting edge development tools you'll work on creating components that follow the principles of progressive enhancement, accessibility and human centred design.
- You will have the opportunity of building new foundational design tools used across government to improve government services and see immediate results on products such as myGov and Digital Identity
- You will have a direct impact on how quickly we can deliver value to priority products and support the Design System community.
Skills and experience:
- Experience following a technical brief and evidence-based design principles.
- Experience providing version control using Git and GitHub and publishing and consuming NPM packages.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders, communicate to a range of audiences and maintain a positive outlook and respond well to feedback.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting reference 210284.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.