Applicant MUST be an Australian citizen or Australian PR holder
Minimum 5 years of experience in J2EE environment responsible for design, development, testing, deployment and support of software development. Strong user interface programming skills and experience is a must.
- Expert to work within an Agile framework
- Assist the team with the maintenance of product backlogs.
- Understand the business requirements that are captured as User stories and seek clarification if required
- Work with the development team and solution architect to determine the most suitable solution.
- Provide estimates on the development of user stories in the backlog
- Contribute to documents like design, wiki, source code, support manuals and others on ad-hoc basis if required.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the source code for the Project.
- Follow the team's development process
- Contribute to the review and improvement of the development process
- Complete development activities by agreed timelines
- Raise any risks identified immediately to Project Manager
- Ensure that Continuous Integration practices like build, test and deploy are followed
- Contribute to unit, integration, performance and functional testing
- Record issues/bugs identified through the testing process
- Investigate and resolve confirmed issues
Key Skills Required
- Collaboration, contribution, ownership, accountability, negotiation, problem solving skills, simple sustainable solutions and helping each other
- Proven experience developing throughout the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 5 years of IT Application Development experience in J2EE as minimum with hands on experience in the Analysis, Design and Developments using J2EE and Enterprise Architecture Patterns
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Standards
- Proficiency in Application Server environment JBoss 6.1
- Demonstrated high level experience in:
- EJB3, Hibernate, Spring Core
- Database design preferably Oracle 11g, SQL
- Versioning, release/deploy management using various tools such as Maven, Bamboo, Subversion and Git
- Proficiency in jQuery, Bootstrap
- Understanding of Agile principles and the associated methods Scrum and XP
- Understanding of TDD with unit, integration, performance and functional testing
- Experience with Agile methods
- Understanding of Lean principles as applied to software development
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of practices like continuous integration, test driven development, code reviews, pair programming and others
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification