Financial Systems Analyst
12 months contract
$65 - $75 per hour + Superannuation (37.5 Hours per week)
About the role
The Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of finance systems and tools together with their interfaces in relation to information technology governance, processes, and improvements to provide input into planning and decision-making processes to assist management in delivering business objectives. The role will be lead systems analyst and be expected to identify gaps in risks, user requirements, testing and training. The role will also provide support on day to day activities including master data maintenance within the Finance Systems Team. This role is required to have extensive experience of the financial systems environment, business processes, system functionality, communication, and project management.
This is a designated security assessed position requiring the successful candidate to hold or have the ability to possess and maintain a Baseline Australian Government security clearance.
- Work with the Manager to contribute to the strategic planning and decision-making process for financial systems and translate this into operational priorities.
- Lead and represent Finance as the subject matter expert by analysing and mapping finance processes as well as system processes to identify risks, gaps, and improvements.
- Prepare advice relating to complex financial systems, business requirements and operational impacts of change for non-technical stakeholders. Prepare and review business requirements including accounting and processes.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on the impact that business process change has on financial systems. Coordinate and contribute to system design, especially the user interface, in consultation with Finance Teams and Information Technology areas.
- Analyse projects and change activities that impact on financial systems to provide assurance that financial controls and system risks have been identified and managed.
- Monitor improvements for financial systems in accordance with organisational financial management and compliance frameworks.
- Coordinating and perform system testing, particularly user acceptance testing.
- Manage and process day to day activities and system error resolutions such as: master data and ad-hoc requests; helpdesk support and audit enquiries, end of month and end of year financials; systems interface and financial reports.
Skills and experience
- Experienced system accountant to manage financial projects and proven track record as business analyst to document the business processes and business requirements. Coordinate and perform user acceptance testing, documentation, training, communication, change management within finance business area together with information technology and relevant stakeholders.
- Lead complex or ill-defined problems in an often-ambiguous environment through to effective resolution. Having expert knowledge of SAP system to quickly identify and resolve financial systems generated problems for various SAP modules particularly the PS, SAC, and Ariba. This includes the master data maintenance and day to day operation matters.
- Having a clear understanding of the public sector financial governance frameworks and experience with the finance business processes.
- A tertiary qualification in Finance or Information Technology.
- Expert knowledge of SAP system with at least one full cycle project implementation.
- Extensive experience of the SAP system day to day operation and support. Minimum of five years of SAP working experience as functional support and user support.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 236904.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.