Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Financial Accountant for an APS6 level, non-ongoing role. This is an initial 12-month engagement with extension options.
Within this role you will be responsible for providing financial accounting services and advice on all aspects of financial statements, taxation, asset management, accounting policies, procedures, accounting standards, investment and treasury management, external financial reporting and monthly end processes.
You will provide technical accounting advice and support to our Client's employees in regard to finance policy, processes, systems and issues, while promoting and managing complex relationships with internal and external clients, stakeholders and service providers.
You will research, analyse, review and evaluate accounting issues, implement policies, procedures and processes, whilst initiating a passion for continuous improvement and drive a change program.
In addition, you will also be responsible for our Client's investment portfolio and will research, analyse and draft meeting papers and engage with external stakeholders in the development and implementation of investment strategy.
You will possess high-level leadership skills and superior management abilities and be able to mentor and evaluate team members, providing feedback as necessary.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience in leading financial statements including interim and year-end audit processes, month-end and year-end processes, internal and external reporting (e.g. CBMS annual actuals and monthly actuals to DoF).
- Experience in leading Fringe Benefit Tax return and Business Activity Statement return, treasury management and financial operations.
- Experience in maintaining fixed asset registry including coordinating annual stocktake process and asset revaluations.
- Experience in managing and administering investment portfolio including secretariat responsibilities, developing policies, procedures, briefs and other reports.
- Demonstrated high level financial modelling skills including creating and maintaining financial reports from Financial Management Information System (e.g. XLOne).
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Marina Stojchevska on (02) 6245 1724 quoting Job Reference: 185807.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to obtain a Federal Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.