Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Finance Officer to work within their Accounts Payable section, for an APS4 level non-ongoing role. This is an initial engagement of 12 months, with potential extension options.
Within this role you will be responsible for a variety of transactional finance tasks and services as well as providing advice and assistance to staff and external stakeholders and supporting the team as needed.
Duties will include:
- Undertake transactional finance tasks; prepare end of month reconciliations; and relevant journals.
- Respond to general and audit enquiries (internal and external)
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with stakeholders, providing appropriate advice and managing the resolution of issues or complaints
- Contribute to planning and decision making within the work area
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the work area's impact on strategic and operational outcomes for the agency
- Represent the work area effectively at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Contribute ideas and participate in the implementation of change in the workplace
- Provide support to the Team Leader role
- Assist with the training of other staff
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Knowledge of, and substantial experience with, major Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERPs), i.e. Technology One/Finance One or Systems Applications and Products (SAP)
- Basic knowledge of financial administration and reporting
- Basic knowledge of financial policies, procedures and processes
- The ability to identify and use resources wisely, including relevant technology
- The ability to communicates effectively to a variety of audiences
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Marina Stojchevska on (02) 6245 1724 quoting Job Reference: 185808.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to obtain a Federal Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.