Our client with the NSW State Government is looking to bring on board an experience Finance Manager to supervise a team and to manage the budget.
Finance Manager / Finance Lead - CPA
Hours of work: 7-hours a day, 35-hours a week
Rate: $78.30/ hr inc of super maximum
Primary purpose of the role
The role manages the financial planning, budget and forecasting processes, financial risk management and modelling for NSW Government department.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 8 years finance experience (1-2 years team lead or supervision experience)
- CPA or Chartered Accountant qualified
- Advanced excel skills
- SAP experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills (with non-finance personnel and collaboration across functions)
- Strong supervision and work planning skills
- Manage input into the financial planning, budget, and forward estimates processes
- Design and build budget allocations for the Branches with the guidance from and in consultation with Corporate Finance Strategy & Operations.
- Manage the allocation, monitoring, reconciliation, and adjustment of Smart and Skilled contract payments.
- Build the financial capability of staff to support the effective management of the $700m VET budget.
- Lead and coordinate the development and analysis of financial models to inform executive decision making.
- Lead strategic financial performance and risk management processes and provide financial reports and recommendations for remediation, where required, to the Executive Director Training Services NSW to ensure the VET budget is on track.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of monthly business financial reporting.
- Prepare correspondence, briefings, and reports to support the effective operation of the Branch.