- Radio technician needed - 6-month contract plus extension
- Leading telecommunications company
- Large scale work and excellent management
Our client is seeking an experienced field technician to join their services team. The team is responsible for maintaining the company's telecommunications equipment on their clients site.
- Field Operations Technician to work in an operations / managed services team
- Field Operations carry out all non-centralised activities, primarily Maintenance & Upgrades and includes functions: Telecom, e.g. Antenna, mobile and wireless infrastructure, and; non-Telecom functions, e.g. Electro/Mechanical & Site:
- Ordering, maintaining, and refuelling DG (diesel generator)
- Testing Radio Antennas for faults and line sweeping on new radio equipment
- Upgrades, commissioning, decommissioning & configuration of 2G/3G/LTE sites
- Troubleshooting of RTWP
- Recording the running hours
- Connecting temporary generator to the site
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of Sites, Antennas, Feeders, Groundings, Rectifiers, Batteries, emergency generators and other Site support Systems.
- Temporary fixes for Site infrastructure, e.g. fences, climbing obstructions.
- Testing and repairing external alarms, lights, fuses, AC systems.
- Preventive maintenance of site equipment is performed according to given time window and quality metrics.
- Network optimization
- Supports Field Operations & Planning Engineers
- Maintain Site Folders and provides data to the Network Operation Centre
- Reporting on faults and fixes of site support systems
- Supports Spare Part Management, sends, receives and store spares according to the spare part management process
- Telecommunications field technical experience - any vendor
- Experienced with radio equipment
- Proven experience working in the role of technical support, customer service, SW roll-out/upgrade projects.
- Solid understanding of UMTS/LTE network and Sweep / PIM testing
- Preferably from an operations background but not essential
- All cards up to date and an appreciation for safety (whs/ohs)
- Certificate in electrical or telecommunications is a must, could be degree qualified
- Would have to provide own vehicle and be prepared to travel long distances
- Need climbing tickets/working from heights etc.
- Willingness to do night work
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Ref: 192 147