Our client is seeking an experienced field technician to join their services team. The team is responsible for maintaining the company's telecommunications equipment on their clients site.
- Field Operations Technician as well as full roll out work
- Field Operations carry out all non-centralised activities, primarily Maintenance & Upgrades and includes functions: Telecom, e.g. Fixed & Mobile, and; non-Telecom functions, e.g. Electro/Mechanical & Site:
- Ordering, maintaining, and refuelling DG (diesel generator)
- Recording the running hours
- Connecting temporary generator to the site
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of Sites, Antennas, Feeders, Groundings, Rectifiers, Batteries, emergency generators and other Site support Systems.
- Temporary fixes for Site infrastructure, e.g. fences, climbing obstructions.
- Testing and repairing external alarms, lights, fuses, AC systems.
- Preventive maintenance of site equipment is performed according to given time window and quality metrics.
- Network optimization
- Supports Field Operations & Planning Engineers
- Maintain Site Folders and provides data to the Network Operation Centre
- Reporting on faults and fixes of site support systems
- Supports Spare Part Management, sends, receives and store spares according to the spare part management process
- Extensive experience in telecommunications equipment - base station or node b
- Roll out experience - physical install, commissioning, building sites from scratch and integration
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY