Our client is seeking an experienced field technician to join their services team. The team is responsible for maintaining the company's telecommunications equipment on their clients site.
- Field Operations Technician to work in an operations / managed services team
- Field Operations carry out all non-centralised activities, primarily Maintenance & Upgrades and includes functions: Telecom, e.g. Antenna, mobile and wireless infrastructure, and; non-Telecom functions, e.g. Electro/Mechanical & Site:
- Ordering, maintaining, and refuelling DG (diesel generator)
- Testing Radio Antennas for faults and line sweeping on new radio equipment
- Upgrades, commissioning, decommissioning & configuration of 2G/3G/LTE sites
- Troubleshooting of RTWP
- Recording the running hours
- Connecting temporary generator to the site
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of Sites, Antennas, Feeders, Groundings, Rectifiers, Batteries, emergency generators and other Site support Systems.
- Temporary fixes for Site infrastructure, e.g. fences, climbing obstructions.
- Testing and repairing external alarms, lights, fuses, AC systems.
- Preventive maintenance of site equipment is performed according to given time window and quality metrics.
- Network optimization
- Supports Field Operations & Planning Engineers
- Maintain Site Folders and provides data to the Network Operation Centre
- Reporting on faults and fixes of site support systems
- Supports Spare Part Management, sends, receives and store spares according to the spare part management process
- Telecommunications field technical experience - any vendor
- Experienced with radio equipment
- Proven experience working in the role of technical support, customer service, SW roll-out/upgrade projects.
- Solid understanding of UMTS/LTE network and Sweep / PIM testing
- Preferably from an operations background but not essential
- All cards up to date and an appreciation for safety (whs / ohs)
- Certificate in electrical or telecommunications is a must, could be degree qualified
- Current drivers' licence and access to a car if pool car unavailable
- Availability to travel to site - max 3 hours
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY