Have you reached a management level in your career but prefer more technical hands on work? If so, this position is your ideal role!
Many of my clients existing consultants had reached management or project management levels in previous careers but discovered that this was less rewarding than technical work.
My client is private American software vendor with worldwide presence and concentrates on solving large-scale or complex business computing problems.
Due to on-going company growth in Australia, they are now looking to recruit additional Consultants to assist customers with the implementation of new and existing programmes.
The emphasis is on technical aptitude, self-motivation, inquisitiveness and passion rather than detailed knowledge in a specific field. Any new hire will be trained in the company's products and will acquire skills through mentoring with experienced consultants.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills. Must be proficient in English. Foreign languages are an advantage.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and passion for computing/software and learning
- Self starter & motivated individual
- Team player
- Not looking for a traditional 9 to 5 existence so flexibility is key.
- Willing and able to travel (Australia and New Zealand) up to 75% of time
- Enjoy and relish being challenged
Skills that would be an advantage
- UNIX (e.g. Linux) knowledge, in particular scripting (e.g. ksh). .
- Any major database: E.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, Postgress, MySQL etc
- Programming skills in one or more of 'C', C++, Java, Python, Scala or other similar languages
Additional nice to have skills/knowledge
- Real-time applications, web services (e.g. SOAP/Rest)
- Data warehousing and general Business Intelligence
- Big data (e.g. Hadoop, Storm, Spark etc)
- Analytics and/or Data Science
- Data/schema modelling and/or Business metadata
- Data quality and data cleansing
Candidates will need a good honours degree with some significant computing science content.
All consultants must have easy access to a major airport. Travel is a major factor in this role and all consultants must be prepared to travel for (sometimes) extended periods at short notice.
If this is of interest to you please apply today!