- FTTx Area Planning Engineer
- 6 Months Contract
- Melbourne CBD Location
The position of Network Area Planner is accountable for the execution of core activities listed below in order to meet business requirements. As most of the work is non-routine and complex, the Network Area Planner is required to exercise strong process and technical skills to effectively carry out the Key Accountabilities below.
- Load boundaries into Geospatial applications (i.e. MapInfo) and overlay with other network inventory data sourced from Inventory Management Systems (i.e. PNI SpatialNet) and Data repositories (ie ELMS/TAMS/XSites). Review for relative alignment between layers, and to Area Planning Guidelines.
- Review the accuracy and completeness of premise data to cadastre/parcel alignment to organisation's boundaries, including assessment of Services in Operation (SIO).
- Comparing the Address/premise counts within an area to architecture guidelines and adjusting the Service Area boundaries using GeoSpatial applications (i.e. MapInfo) accordingly to Organisation's Work Guidelines (i.e. snap to cadastre and DA boundaries).
- Comparing the Address/premise counts, selection of Access Technology Type within an area to architecture guidelines.
- Package Area planning geospatial layers for Delivery Partners. Prepare Network Planning documents that summarise strategic considerations of the Area plan to Organisation's area planning guidelines and templates.
- Review contract Area Planning Document deliverable against quality metrics, and submit internal change requests for any boundary and transit or ADA technology changes.
- Undertake any updates to Area planning geospatial layers and systems, whilst also verifying high-level costs and infrastructure units to ensure compliance to MTM cost models.
- Support organisation's change management and fault management processes pertaining to changes to area plans or process/tools
If this is you, then Kindly apply now for this exciting role!