My client, one of the big 4 banks in Sydney are looking to build an extra layer of management into a rapidly growing Risk team. This role is at the Executive Manager level and will suit someone who is a specialist in Line 2 risk, looking to mentor and develop a team of risk specialists.
- Assist business units and across the division in driving a risk culture and advise on how to identify, monitor, measure and manage its risks.
- Coach and support business resources in how to apply the Operational Risk Management Framework and provide subject matter expertise where necessary.
- Lead deep dives reviews and ensure the provision of insightful management information arising and challenge activities.
- Provide the business with specialist, outcome-focused risk advice and insights that influence decisions, optimise risk/reward balance and assist it to achieve its objectives, within risk appetite and legal parameters.
- Monitor the effectiveness of business risk practices, highlight gaps and risks outside appetite and escalate as required.
- Provide an independent assessment and challenge over the risks inherent in material changes e.g. key business decisions, projects, process changes, implementation of new infrastructure, product changes or launches.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving risk management and practices to provide a forward-looking view of potential risks.
- Guide in the development of insightful and action-oriented risk management information and sharing of advice at the Business Unit and Division levels.
- At least 7 years of experience in technology operational risk advisory experience; experience in a consulting / audit firm with financial services experience
- A sound technology background in delivery, Line 1, risk management within technology infrastructure or architecture.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation
- Relevant industry qualifications
Interested parties should apply directly via the link below or contact Ellen on 9409 4700 quoting reference number 199228.