Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Kafka Event Message Specialist to develop an event messaging/streaming platform. Within this role you will be setting up development and POC environments, undertaking a Proof of Technology into viable messaging technologies, building out a pilot solution and conducting performance and throughput testing of messaging platforms. You will also need to produce technical and system design specifications, messaging exchange data models and deployment diagrams.
This is long-term contract until the 30th June 2019 with extension options available and will be located out of the Client's North Canberra offices.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- 3+ years' experience with messaging technologies and *NIX-based operating systems
- Proven experience in the design, build and deployment of messaging platforms
- Proven ability in measuring throughput, efficiency and ability to tune messaging solutions
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience in Java development
- Experience with event streaming platforms and frameworks
- Experience with Nifi or similar technologies
- Experience in an Event Driven Architecture environment
- Experience working with IBM Integration Bus and IBM MQ platform
- Experience with other streaming platforms such as Apache Storm and Apache Spark
- Experience with SOAP and REST modelling
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Peggy Jones on 02 6245 1726 quoting Job Reference: 188966
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.