Enterprise Architect - Networking
This large iconic Australian organisation is held in high regard by its global counterparts and is a leader in their field in Australia.
The Enterprise Architect - Network & Infrastructure will have the responsibility for developing, communicating and maintaining the networks and network infrastructure strategies, architecture, roadmaps and standards that support the organisation's ICT & Operational technology business requirements. This will be achieved by:
- Delivering and demonstrating value to the business through the delivery of key telecommunications and infrastructure strategies and architectures, as specified by Enterprise Architecture Program of Work
- Providing enterprise architecture governance, driving the delivery of immediate outcomes and championing the adoption of architectural standards across the organisation
- Developing, maintaining and taking full ownership of the organisation's ICT infrastructure strategy and roadmap, including project briefs, costing, risk assessments and other associated documentation
- Working closely with ICT and business units to align the infrastructure enterprise architecture domain with the ICT Strategy
- Delivering and maintaining infrastructure references models, guidelines and principles in line with the organisation's Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Providing technology architecture and blueprint consultation to solution architects, infrastructure architects and project managers throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring projects maintain an enterprise-wide view
- Providing vision into target state architectures and develop pragmatic roadmaps to support delivery of major strategic projects and programmes of work
- Degree qualifications in engineering, IT, computer science or similar discipline.
- Extensive experience in the design and deployment of large scale Enterprise networks
- Demonstrated experience in developing, communicating and maintaining technology architectures, roadmaps, policies and standards;
- Broad experience in a wide range of information systems technologies and technical architectures;
- Solid experience with ITIL and Service Management;
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior technical staff in matrix management teams
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate, consult and persuade in a business and technical environment.
- Proven technical and interpersonal skills are required to develop sound communications options
- Ability to affect change through technical leadership.
- Well-developed solution architect and technical skills across a broad range of communication and security technologies as they relate to the oganisation's environment including (but not limited to):
- Cisco Enterprise LAN architecture and design
- Alcatel-Lucent IP MPLS architecture and design
- IP networking and addressing
- Enterprise routing and switching
- BGP, OSPF, RIP and EIGRP
- 802.1Q VLANs and loop avoidance techniques
- Network services including DHCP, NTP, DNS, TFTP, SYSLOG, RADIUS etc
- Firewall, load balancer technologies (F5 & Juniper)
- IP Telephony
- MPLS VPNs including Virtual Private LAN Service, IP-VPNs, Virtual Private Wire Service, Virtual Leased Lines
This is a rare opportunity to be a Key Leader within a large, highly reputed organisation.