Our Federal Government Client is seeking an Enterprise Architect to work across a range of programs,
This is a long-term contract until 30 June 2022 with 2x12 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will work across a range of programs of work such as:
- Whole of Government reform to simplify Australia's trade systems, its business and data flows, integration across International supply chains, and data sharing capabilities across government and industry partners;
- Developing integrations between existing DBMS, big data, and business systems with new, digital platforms and cloud based software and infrastructure services;
- Transforming existing, whole of portfolio processes, information stores, and persistence technologies to model a Whole of Government Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform;
- Integrating and raising the maturity, governance and assurance of applied business, data and solution design standards across the SDLC.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the creation and review of systems capability strategies that meet the Department's strategic requirements;
- Producing and evaluating conceptual, logical and physical solution designs for projects;
- Defining architectural strategies, standards, guidelines, conventions and implementation solutions patterns for their respective domain;
- Ensuring compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices;
- Overseeing technical aspects of system development and integration, including requests for changes, deviations from specifications;
- Adapting and applying contemporary data management standards, guidelines and Architecture Patterns, including but not restricted, to Metadata Management, Data Modelling, Data Assets Management, Data integration and Interoperability, and Records Management design responsibilities. Deliverables include data architecture patterns, meta models and data standards;
- Establishing and maintaining governance of data patterns and standards, reviewing and endorsing solution designs and data models by working with, and providing guidance to, business subject matter experts, business, and solution architects.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in:
- Experience working in Federal Government departments, leading multi-disciplinary groups across business, application, information and solution architects
- Demonstrable experience with developing Strategic Vision Statements, Business, Technology and Information Roadmaps, Architectural Plans, Infrastructure Architecture, Software Development Life Cycle Architecture and Solution Design Documents
- Ability to engage and influence senior leadership and provide the key link between senior executives and staff
- Demonstrated ability in the usage of appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas
- Experience with modernisation programs and agile delivery projects
- Demonstrated ability to guide, influence negotiate, gain acceptance of, and assure, design integrity of architecture deliverables
It is desirable if you have experience in:
- Experience delivering working models of business, information, application and infrastructure architecture layers that meet business domain acceptance
- Experience with applying Domain Driven Design principles and practices, including modelling data aligned to established API standards
- Demonstrated application of TOGAF or equivalent architecture framework
- Understanding of Microservice and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and modern Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) management
- Experience of data modelling architecture using a variety of tools and techniques, i.e. EASparx, erwin dm
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or field (e.g. Information Technology, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, etc)
- Experience working to contemporary project management frameworks
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #238936
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.