Our client is an established Australian telecommunications company that was founded over 40 years ago. They strive for a safe, collaborative, and positive working environment. They are currently recruiting for an Engineering Technical Specialist with a passion for network configuration.
The successful candidate will be required to act as a project prime, being responsible for all technical components around network design of the project including the scoping, design, testing, documentation and all steps required for the successful implementation in the production network.
The position requires an excellent knowledge of routing / switching technologies with the ability to accurately document network designs and deploy network configurations in production.
- Develop well-prepared, accurate engineering network design documentation.
* Providing coaching / mentoring for less experienced team members.
* Perform assessment of existing network elements and implement design updates as required to ensure all network components meet the network design specifications.
* Keep abreast of technology and develop appraisal reviews where applicable.
* Specify, define, and document design processes, standards and practices related to the data network to ensure engineering best practices are maintained.
* Interface to co-ordinate and resolve network design and/or process related issues.
* Provide reports as input to the preparation for annual network plans & budgets.
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in telecommunications
* At least 5 years' experience in an IP Network Design role
* Cisco / Juniper Router configuration experience
* Fortinet/ Check Point / Cisco / Juniper firewall Configuration experience
* F5 Load balancer design and configuration experience
* Product development and/or customer design experience
* VoIP, SIP, Omni Chanel, Audio video Conferencing
* MS Azure, GCP and AWS Networking & Security
* Experience in liaising with middle and senior management
* Experience with network test tools / procedures
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Grant McKibbin quoting reference number 247892.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.