Our Federal Government Client is seeking an EL1 Researcher/Analysts.
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Interpret and analyse longitudinal survey data within tight timeframes, using quantitative and qualitative research methods to critically evaluate information.
- Use large datasets to conduct data analysis and report results in a social policy context.
- Provide timely, well informed data inputs to contribute to current and emerging policy issues and discussions.
- Use high-level written communication skills to translate data findings to an accessible format for a policy audience.
- Produce clear, logical and high-quality written products in a range of formats using high-level research skills (i.e. analyse data, review literature and summarise and synthesise evidence).
- Develop, nurture and strengthen stakeholder relationships to build and maintain an audience for longitudinal data across policy areas.
- Collaborate across teams within the NCLD to produce advice and guidance about research, evaluation and policy implications.
- Initiate and manage projects, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Prepare written reports and fact sheets as required.
- Draft complex written submissions in a timely manner, including: proposals, project plans, correspondence, reports, and briefs for the Secretary, the Minister and parliamentary processes.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in:
- Research and Analysis - Highly proficient in planning and executing targeted research and analysis to draw conclusions and make evidence based recommendations
- Critical Thinking - Utilises highly developed critical thinking skills to analyse complex issues to develop reasoned conclusions
- Decision Making - Highly proficient in undertaking logical and balanced decision making and justification within defined parameters
- Statistical Analysis - Expertise in statistical analysis, knowledge of theory and application of descriptive statistics, regression and modelling
- Stakeholder engagement - Expert skills in seeking opportunities to establish and nurture effective professional networks, cultivating positive relationships with stakeholders and clients, in pursuit of departmental outcomes
- Communication - Report Writing /Presentation skills - Advanced proficiency in presenting complex research findings in Plain English via well-structured reports and presentations
- Communication - Verbal and written - Highly proficient written and verbal communication, and is able to modify and create targeted and complex messages to diverse audiences
- IT proficiency - Software - Proficiency in statistical software packages
- Information management - Information sharing - Expert proficiency in sharing and exchanging information and resources in an appropriate and strategic manner
- Project management - Expert in the application of project management methodologies to plan, organise and control resources to deliver specific goals or objectives
- Organisational skills - Time management - Organises work, sets priorities and completes tasks within set timeframes. Successfully manages competing priorities and changing timeframes
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #212384
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.