Our Federal Government Client is seeking an EL1 Lead Software Engineer to be responsible for improving access to data, information and governance to support the Department. It is the branch's responsibility is to help enable the Department's data access and increase data breadth through integration, tools and training.
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Work with a team of data engineers and data scientists in the development and deployment of data integration methodologies against a variety of data assets
- Development of best practice in data integration including practices of data harmonisation, integration and cleaning
- Lead the ongoing enhancement of departmental data assets through data integration including application of Master Data Management practices
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously including both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Maintain ongoing awareness of and respond to changes in the policy framework supporting Data Integration in the Australian Government context
- Design a clear software framework within which new and existing data pipelines and functionality can be developed
- Refactoring and restructuring of existing code with a particular focus on clean coding principles
- Migration of legacy code with a view to optimisation of processes and runtime
- Working with stakeholders across a range of management levels and technical abilities, to support them in reaching their data and infrastructure goals
- Experience working with procedural and/or object oriented languages preferred
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in:
- Programming in SAS, SQL and modern programming languages including R or Python utilising common machine learning libraries, e.g. tensorflow, scikit, etc.
- Research design practices including applications of fairness in machine learning, statistical modelling and testing
- Well-structured written communication skills - Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and tailor data analysis findings to technical, professional and academic audiences
- Critical Thinking - Utilises highly developed critical thinking skills to analyse complex issues to develop reasoned conclusions
- Decision Making - Highly proficient in undertaking logical and balanced decision making and justification within defined parameters
- Stakeholder engagement - Expert skills in seeking opportunities to establish and nurture effective professional networks, cultivating positive relationships with stakeholders and clients, in pursuit of departmental outcomes
- Communication - Verbal and written - Highly proficient written and verbal communication, and is able to modify and create targeted and complex messages to diverse audiences
- Information management - Information sharing - Expert proficiency in sharing and exchanging information and resources in an appropriate and strategic manner
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #212056
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.