About the Company
We are currently recruiting for a E2E Systems Engineer to work within a dynamic team environment within a Government Organisation.
About the role
The successful candidate will be Responsible for designing, managing and quality of the development of telecommunications radio site infrastructure. This role provides End-to-End (E2E) site design expertise with a focus on providing input, direction and governance to internal and external stakeholders in site design, construction and operational matters.
- Develop, enhance and adhere to radio design guidelines and standards with a wholistic view of the interdependencies between the Radio Frequency, Transmission, Power, Core, Structural and Civil engineering aspects to assist with the development and delivery of high-quality service
- Ensure quality of delivery is maintained to the high standards expected of the Public Safety Network
- Develop, deliver, coordinate and communicate new products introduced into network
- Develop and contribute to cost-effective design solutions for the Government Radio Network whilst adhering to the agreed standards
- Provide advice, analysis and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders on planning, design and operation of the Government Radio Network to maintain network performance to meet user demands
- Deliver technical consultation on assigned projects and including pre-project to ensure risks, interdependencies and exceptions are identified to ensure required output in the timeframe required
- Deliver high level options, conceptual approaches, technical recommendation to ensure continual improvement and assess innovative products/features that can offer new or improved capability
- Establish and maintain relationships ensuring collaboration with other disciplines such as transmission, core, civil, structural, acquisition, environmental, construction and operations, providing expert advice and information to negotiate and influence site build process to optimise effective solution and service
Skills and Experience
- Cert IV in Communications, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent\
- 10+ years' experience in an operational or technical environment with P25 Radio / Telecommunications networks
- High level of knowledge and experience in analogue radio (VHF, UHF), digital radio, and microwave systems
- Fundamental knowledge of Public Safety / Mission Critical systems and how these networks differ from commercial telecommunications networks
- Understanding of the operation of DC power systems, solar systems, diesel generators
Experience delivering networks reliant on solar systems and diesel generators is highly desirable
- Experience working in a live network environment
Experience writing guidelines for use by network designers
- Current C-Class Drivers' License and 4WD training (beneficial but not essential, can organise training)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Chaitali on 02 9269 8798 quoting reference 247668.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.