The ICT Operations Director role provides strategic, organisational and operational leadership within the OCIO Division directing, controlling and managing the production ICT environment for the. This role is crucial to cultivate predictable and reliable high quality ICT systems and applications that enable the business. It is important that the holder of this position drives a customer-centric service culture within the Agency and supports the engagement and maintenance of positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
We are seeking a skilled ICT Operations leader to fill a key leadership position with the ICT Services Branch, as part of the Office of the CIO. In this role you will work closely with leaders across all ICT disciplines to support the development, transition and service acceptance of new products and services. Once in production, you will take ownership of the ICT systems and applications, ensuring they are maintained and supported to the highest standards, including oversight of the ICT Service Desk and Service Management Operations functions, including Major Incident Management. This position requires the candidate to create and maintain positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the Agency's ICT Operations Directorate in the delivery and support of all ICT production services, in an integrated service environment.
- Provide strategic leadership to support a modern Service Desk, which accommodates an inclusive and accessible service model.
- Provide expert advice and domain knowledge in IT Service Management disciplines, including highly effective process management
- Provide oversight and leadership for Major Incident Management and escalated significant issue resolution.
- Influence Service Design & Transition, managing acceptance into service for new capabilities.
- Drive continual incremental service delivery improvements
- Communicate effectively in with key stakeholders, including senior executives and external parties, including being able to provide high quality reports, papers or presentations.
- Foster a positive culture within the Service Operations team aligned with Agency values.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Demonstrated minimum 8 years' experience leading teams to deliver ICT services through ICT management frameworks such as ITIL.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting agreed work targets and standards.
- Demonstrate high quality leadership in ICT operational environments.
- Have technical experience in environments running cloud and Software as a Service (SaaS) technologies such as Azure, AWS, Cloudflare, Intune, Office365, Atlassian, Salesforce, SAP.
- Proven ability to define successful new product requirements and implementation strategies.
- Experience working in Government or providing services to Government agency.
- Tertiary qualifications in an ICT related discipline, or business management.
- Certifications in ITIL, version 3 or later.
- Certifications in Agile or Devops disciplines
- Training in Kepner Tregoe methodologies.
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 237000