Our client is a large government department. They are currently seeking a Digital Content Writer on an initial 12 month contract.
In this role, you will be working as part of a team you will be responsible for the delivery of their digital communications. You will support the development and delivery of website content with a plain English focus, working with a variety of internal stakeholders.You will also have substantial experience in writing and editing content for digital channels combined with a working knowledge of a range content management systems and HTML.
Please note as this is a APS Level 6 role, the hourly rate for this role is $51.50 per hour.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Write and structurally edit accessible web content for customer, corporate and community audience
- Liaise with subject matter experts across the business to ensure content accuracy
- Develop and deliver content that meets best practice plain English, accessibility, editorial and brand standards
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- Use analytics and metrics to plan and create content that meets customer needs and business objectives.
- Use SEO principles to optimise online ranking
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice for digital content, particularly with reference to plain English and accessibility (WCAG2.1), with a user centric approach
- Extensive experience in writing and editing for the web within large and complex organisations
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Has worked on sites with a range of complex policy and regulatory content
- Tertiary qualification in web-based communications or equivalent relevant working experience preferred
- Be a team player who is customer and client focused
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) including Sharepoint and Drupal, accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1), direction and stakeholder management.Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- System skills across MS Office, CMS, and social media platforms
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #208554