Our high-profile Federal Government Client is seeking a Digital Accessibility Specialist (UX Designer) to join their rapidly growing team! This is an initial 12-month engagement with possible extensions.
About the role
As the Digital Accessibility Specialist (UX Designer), your role is to support the design and development of existing and future digital. You will be part of the Experience Design team and will work on a variety of different projects, ranging in complexity which will be delivered in very tight timeframes. The Digital Accessibility Specialist (UX Designer), comprehensive knowledge of digital accessibility and extensive experience with accessibility in the product lifecycle supports the Experience Design team and the OCIO in the delivery of world-class accessible digital products and systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing prototypes of screens and components using web technologies to evaluate and demonstrate design concepts and evaluate accessibility support
- Supporting the user researchers, developers, , and UI and UX designers in the design and development of world-class accessible digital products and systems in each phase of the product lifecycle
- Reviewing prototypes in collaboration with designers to identify content and visual design-related accessibility issues early in the product lifecycle
- Designing and delivering seminars, presentations, and training on a range of digital accessibility topics to stakeholders
- Contributing to the design and development of accessibility-related strategies, guidance, methodologies, and frameworks as required
- Conducting WCAG 2.1 conformance evaluations at both Level AA and Level AAA
The successful candidate will possess:
- An extensive knowledge of WCAG 2.1 including how it is commonly interpreted and applied, and its shortcomings and limitations
- A solid Knowledge of and experience with inclusive, user experience, and user interface design principles and best practices
- A solid knowledge of interaction and content design principles, best practices, and industry trends
- An understanding of web technologies such as web browsers, the basics of system architectures, and the workings of common assistive technologies
- Knowledge of ARIA and related WAI documentation, and of how ARIA can be used in complex user interface design and development
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva and quote reference: Job # 207061.