- Drive the development and maintenance of the DevOps best practice and capability across SNE
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the Ops and Engineering teams
- Develop, implement and maintain software automation to improve products and services
- Prepare clear and concise process documentation describing how networks, infrastructure, products and services operate
- Carry out in-depth and critical analysis of vendor/open source technologies and provide contingency options to ensure a streamlined integration/delivery
- Make technology investment and business asset recommendations and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies
- Review and provide input into the 'product infrastructure' plans and directions (roadmap)
- Define and communicate the 'product infrastructure' requirements to all relevant areas within Engineering (i.e. Technology Roadmap owners etc.) - features/services, performance/availability and SLA's
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based environments
- Must have hands-on experience on Redhat Openshift installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Automation skills are a must using python, shell scripting etc.
- Excellent knowledge of working with DevOps tools such as - Bamboo, Jira, BitBucket/GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
- Good knowledge on document-oriented databases like Elasticsearch, Couchbase etc.
- Knowledge on security protocols like TLS, HTTPS, LDAPS is preferred.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet etc. will also be looked upon favourably.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is preferred but not mandatory.