The Development Expert will engage in the design and the development of high-quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements. The role solves highly complex problems.
The Development Expert exercises a considerable degree of independence and undertakes a technical leadership role
- Develop and support the load of multiple disparate data sources into the Enterprise Data Warehouse for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Engage with technical experts from a number of source systems to identify and document their data holdings.
- perform and manage analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- solve highly complex problems and deliver high quality solutions
- perform high-level analysis of technical requirements
- undertake technical design and development of highly complex custom solutions
- manage the release and ensure go-live production support and maintenance
- ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- provide support to development teams to ensure high quality custom solution realisation
- maintain and support existing system/technology to support day-to-day operation
- report on the achievement of business outcomes, key performance indicators and quality assurance in the area of responsibility
- develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- prepare and review a range of written material which may include technical and corporate documentation
- provide detailed, specialist technical advice to the senior executive where appropriate
- engage and partner with other agencies and service providers to build service delivery capability
- perform and manage cost analysis activities as required
- support innovation and manage and lead change
- encourage and support continuous improvement
Require Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in multi-layer data warehousing.
- Experience in one or more programming and scripting languages including Java, Python, shell script or similar.
- Experience in data modelling, design and querying languages including SQL or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in relational databases including Teradata, DB2, SQL Server or similar.
- Experience in scheduling tools including Control-M or similar.
- Experience in ETL Control Frameworks including Teradata GCFR or similar.
- Experience in DevOps and version control tools such as GitLab or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to use best practice techniques for development, support and documentation
- Must have demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Apply now for immediate consideration OR contact Ben van Loggerenberg on (02) 6268 9703 quoting Job Reference: 239483