Be a part of a nationally renowned enterprise and industry leader in mobile payments technology and services. 100% Remote work setup.
- Permanent Opportunity
- 100% remote, for Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth based candidates
- Competitive Salary Rate
About the Job
A truly unique opportunity exists to work on a highly complex and successful online payment system that is well-positioned to become a world leader in payment technology. We are experiencing phenomenal growth and as an Operations Lead candidate with a minimum of five years commercial experience you will be a strong contributor to our success.
You will be working on a variety of diverse projects. You will be able to solve complex business problems and achieve exceptional results to be proud of. Your work will really have an impact on the business.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute with operational DevOps to run the day-to-day operations
- Maintain and improve AWS environments and other infrastructure using best practice automation
- Preparing and managing sprints/sprint tasks for all team members
- Managing AWS environments on a daily basis
- Using AWS tools such as Cloud Formation, Lambda and other serverless offerings to
- improve day to day operations and solve complex operational issues
- Use Ansible to manage existing physical and virtual environments
- Automating application and infrastructure delivery utilising CI/CD best practices
- Working with state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies with a highly skilled team
- Keeping the hackers and security threats at bay through proactive security measures
- Working in an environment where compliance is front and centre - ensuring
- compliance framework is adhered to at all times and a compliant environment is maintained
- Participation and management of the on-call support roster
- Management and ownership of incidents and escalations
- Ensure documentation of environments and processes are maintained
- AWS Cost Management. Ensure running costs of the AWS environment is managed and kept at an acceptable level. Ensure that any increase in costs are foreseen and are managed to keep in line with the Operations budget.
- Ensuring current hardware infrastructure is maintained until migration to cloud is completed
To be successful you will need
Technical skills - essential:
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in DevOps and AWS services with particular focus on the day-to-day operations
- 5+ years' experience with Red Hat 7 Enterprise / CentOS 7/ AWS Linux operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Formation, CI / CD, AWS Serverless practices & AWS security services
- Good communication skills with particular focus on explaining AWS services to other technically minded people
- Shown experience in solving problems by developing solutions based on AWS services
- Experience with automation tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible, GIT/Subversion) and continuous delivery pipelines
- Team leading experience
- Some exposure and experience working with non-cloud infrastructure required
Technical skills - highly regarded:
- Experience in migrating on-site services to cloud highly desirable
- Experience managing infrastructure such as firewalls, IPSEC tunnels, switches advantageous
- Experience working in standards-compliant environments (PCI DSS, ASAE3402, ISO27K, or similar)
- Hands-on experience with scripting (e.g., Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Exposure to networking (Proxies, Web Servers, DNS)
- Distributed high availability environments
- Experience with big data (Splunk) or containerisation (Docker)
- Vulnerability management
- Exposure to AWS costs and ability to proactively manage costs in a working production environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Able to work well both as part of a team & autonomously
- Proactive, self-starter and a strong work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication. Strong documentation skills.
- Change and release management experience advantageous
Advance your skills in a fantastic work environment with a great culture. Work on the latest technologies, across multiple platforms. Currently working remotely/WFH environment with potential to go into the office periodically as needed.
If interested and you think you're the right person for this opportunity, please select APPLY or contact email@example.com quoting reference number 244620.