- Permanent Role
- Melbourne CBD
- Insurance Industry
Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work within a Fast paced environment, with leading edge technology, in one of Australia's biggest Insurance Organisations.
About the role:
- Providing technical leadership in DevOps best practise and implementation
- Perform application deployments in both production and non-production environments when required
- Assist in the development of workaround solutions to restore normal business operations in the event of a Severity 1 or Severity 2 incident and contribute to problem records to allow root cause diagnosis to be undertaken.
- Ensure Daily/Weekly/Monthly system checks are completed and corrective actions taken if required
- Participate to the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in development and maintenance of Application automation applying DevOps best practices.
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with infrastructure automation/configuration management
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (e.g. PHP, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, .Net or PowerShell)
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Comprehensive experience supporting applications the that utilise:
- MS Windows core services such as Active Directory Management, MSSQL, Web Server, Storage Server, Monitoring, Maintenance, support, etc; Linux/Unix System Admin
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Enterprise monitoring tools (PRTG/Solarwinds/Splunk)
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian Permanent resident or Australian / New Zealand citizen.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Lavanya Swamy on 03 8080 7213 quoting reference number #193329